Friday, October 3, 2008

22 days of panic

My oldest son Mike is marrying his beloved Tara Oct. 25 here in Jacksonville. While he has been panicking for about a week, a full-blown panic will arrive here shortly at the house, where we are hosting a rehearsal dinner. The yard, post TS Fay, is a disaster and the tiki bar, which various sons promised Mom for Christmas two years ago, remains incomplete.

SGT Mark is the best man and we haven't confirmed whether the Army will let him have a three-day pass. I hope they do since I left a 50 percent non-refundable deposit on his tux yesterday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Where there is a Tiki Bar, there are Mai Tai's!
I do believe I have solved your dilemma. A couple good stiff drinks, guests won't see the yard, the unfinished bar or the Missing Best Man! It's Autumn, stuff the tux with straw and place a pumpkin as the head...
I hope you know I am merely trying to make light of what is such a stressful time! There are so many things that can and do go wrong on wedding days. It'll drive you nuts! Try to have fun!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

MightyMom said...

AMom and I think alike!!

only mine was tell assorted boys that finished Tiki bar will equal free beer...finished Tiki bar PLUS clean yard will equal free beer and pizza....finished Tikibar PLUS clean yard PLUS properly constructed decorations will equal free beer, pizza, and "adult entertainment" (you decide what that means).

BRIBERY WORKS!

:0)

have a great time Dad.

Airborne dad said...

Moms,

Both excellent suggestions. I will get to work on them today.

:)

Humble wife said...

Thank you for swinging by penofjen.blogspot.com...I appreciate the kind words much.

Enjoy the panic excitement on wedding mishaps and eventually all working out(as it always does)
mom of new soldier
Jennifer