Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday: News and Notes

Pops fly by:Abnpoppa blew through Jacksonville Monday. He pointed out a photo op via email on which I will have to follow up. Not sure of his final destination but I am happy to say the Florida weather is cooperating nicely.

No news is good news, maybe: Mark was on battalion CQ last night so I haven't heard from him. I am hopeful it was a quiet night. 2nd Brigade is pretty busy with training right now.

Today: started off so nicely. Had a good trip to Tallahassee yesterday. Today's meeting was in St. Augustine, which meant a nice trip down A1A past 3.5 miles of undeveloped beach front (a rarity in Florida). The weather is spectacular. The finches and robins are migrating through. All-in-all, it started out as a great day.

Then the phone started ringing: A lawsuit may stall a license plate project on which I'm working; negotiations to protect 300+ acres of marsh in Atlantic Beach are in peril; and on and on and on. Must be an Ides of March thing.

One of these days I am going to hit I-10 west, miss that Tallahassee exit and end at the California coast. :)

3 comments:

ABNPOPPA said...

'dad,

I believe it was Horace Greely who said, "go west young man" I am trying to follow his advice. We, ABNMOMMA and I are going to Key West. Time to thaw out the old bones from the Midwestern winter.

Hope you license plate deal goes through. Personally I read license plates all the time to see what they are supporting.

Good Luck

Pops

MightyMom said...

well you could stop by Dallas on your way west...

Airborne dad said...

Pops,

Have a great time in Key West. I dearly miss the Keys and wish I was in Islamorada as I write.

MM,

I could and I should. I have flown through Dallas a bazillion times but never been in the city proper.