Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jaguars fan

Please click on image for better viewing.


Mark's military career has brought me into contact with a number people...particularly through The One Percenters. One is Dan McCarthy, the Jacksonville's military liaison and a former Navy pilot. He works very closely with the Jacksonville Jaguars who are big supporters of the military.

The NFL and Topps, the premier maker of sports trading cards, teamed up to do a promotion this year honoring football fans in the military. Each team selected one. So when the Jaguars went looking for its Armed Forces Fan of the Game, Dan graciously suggested Mark.

The results are above.

Mark's name on the front, for whatever reason, wouldn't scan.

Thanks to Dan, the Jaguars, the NFL and Topps. This is all very cool.

FYI, that photo was taken shortly after a sniper attack in Baghdad. Mark was the gunner and the shot missed him by about six inches.

6 comments:

kbug said...

That is just the coolest thing ever...he's famous..... :)

ABNPOPPA said...

'dad,

I was going to comment about why these Airborne guys never take a smiling picture. Having said that, a sniper round 6 inches from you would tend to take the smile off your face for a while.Great Picture under the circumstances.

I looked south last night at 2045 and didn't see him waving. Musta been the cloud cover.

Airborne dad said...

The jump got canceled. Too much lightning. I was looking at WunderMap and noted that there was a storm over one of the DZs.

I don't know why they never smile. Guess you have to get them near a beer :)

ABNPOPPA said...

Near beer, I think you might be right! LOL LOL

MightyMom said...

awesome pic actually. but I wish they'd take off the sunglasses myself. then I can recognize them next time I run into him!! :-)

the story behind the pic (The Rest of the Story...to quote the Awesome Paul) reminded me of my friend's mom when she was learning to drive.....Mom would just keep repeating "an inch is as good as a mile...an inch is as good as a mile"

(although I'd probably be in that pic thinking I needed new undies were it me....)

MightyMom said...

OH, and for the record.

How Bout Them Cowboys!

(I just HAD to ya know)