Thursday, October 22, 2009

A worthy cause



This is from Lola, one of our friends from the blogosphere. Her husband is with the 10th Mountain Division and is currently deployed to Afghanistan:

I was wondering if you would mind helping me raise money for No Greater Sacrifice. NGS is a DC-based non-profit that raises money to fund the education of the kids of fallen service members. They donate proceeds to organizations like the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, etc.

I ran the Army 10-Miler for them and I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon 10K Sunday morning for them as well. As a whole, the NGS Endurance team is trying to raise $100,000 for SSG Jackson's kids.

Individually, I'm trying to raise $2500 for them and I'm at $1675 now. My donation page is here: http://www.active.com/donate/NGS/LGillette

There is more information about No Greater Sacrifice here: http://www.nogreatersacrifice.org/

I've attached a picture of SSG Jackson and his family from before his youngest child, Hannah, was born. He's with his wife/widow Katie, and their three boys, Zach, Levi and Sam.

He was killed in action by an IED in November 2006 in Ramadi, Iraq. He was a member of the 16th Engineering Battalion, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division out of Giessen, Germany.

If you're willing to post about this, I'd appreciate it. Just trying to raise awareness (and $!) for a great cause.

Best,

Lola

No comments: