Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday's news and notes

VA:Arggghhh!!!!!

Aug. 13: My bride of 35 years celebrates her birthday today. She was born on a Friday the 13th, my lucky days. We are going round up as many as sons as we can and go to dinner.

Ideas: I have talked to the local paper here about linking to this site so I am probably going to revamp it a bit...especially because we have transitioned out of active duty and harm's way. Any suggestions?

Honor roll: The News Hour with Jim Lehrer is still running names and photographs of the fallen. Hard to predict when it runs because the put it together as photographs are made available. The photographs are heartbreaking.

1 comment:

ABNPOPPA said...

'dad,

I have a couple. First belated Happy Birthday to your bride. What a milestone, 35 years. Wonderful!

My first suggestion is: Leave it alone and do it just like you have been. Straight shooting, truthful, honest and from the heart.

My second suggestion is: Refer to number 1.

Pops